The Mayans Motorcycle Club, as we know it from the Sons of Anarchy series, first started out as a rival MC to SAMCRO. Thanks to Jax (Teller, Charlie Hunnam) and his urge to better the club and strengthen its business relationships, SAMCRO and the Mayans became allies, forging positive paths for the future of both MCs.
Taking the upcoming Sons of Anarchy spin-off show, Mayans MC, into consideration, and what we don’t yet know about their past, we’ve decided to write up 10 known facts about the Mayans MC, based off of the Sons of Anarchy series:
- The Mayans MC controls northern California and all of Nevada – minus Las Vegas.
- Their Oakland, CA Chapter President is Marcus Alvarez (Emilio Rivera), and it is now unknown how long he has served as MC President for.
- All of the patched members of the Mayans are Mexican-American and are of Hispanic origins.
- Their insignia is a Mayan tribal symbol, based on the real-life Mongols MC.
- Their cuts bare the phrase “Los Asesinos de Dios” (in English means Assassins of God).
- The Mayans MC runs two heroin factories near Oakland, CA.
- The Mayans MC is also involved in the California prostitution rings.
- Oscar El Oso Ramos (Ivo Nandi) is the Mayans MC President of the Stockton, CA Chapter.
- SAMCRO and the Mayans MC did not become ally MCs until Season 4 of Sons of Anarchy.
- There are at least 8 remaining living members of the Mayans MC at the close of the Sons of Anarchy series.
Was there anything here that you didn’t already know? Is there more you are curious about when it comes to the Mayans MC? Post your questions in the comments section below, and we may do a follow-up article on them! How excited are you that the Mayans MC spin-off is finally gaining solid ground?
Check out this Mayans/SAMCRO stand-off from Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy!