*SPOILER ALERT* – THIS POST CONTAINS MODERATE TO MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE SONS OF ANARCHY SERIES – READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Portrayed by the always amazing Titus Welliver, Sons of Anarchy’s Jimmy O’Phelan was one of the main antagonists in the series throughout Seasons 2 and 3 of the show. He was an antagonist in particular for SAMCRO patch-member Filip “Chibs” Telford (Tommy Flanagan), as he’d banished Chibs from Belfast and stole his wife, Fiona Larkin (Bellina Logan) and daughter from him. But that wasn’t all the damage that Jimmy O was responsible for.
We first met Jimmy O in the beginning of Season 2, as SAMCRO made meets with the Real IRA for their weapons business. Jimmy O was first sent to repair the relationship between SAMCRO and the Real IRA. This sent Jimmy O on a spiral of causing chaos for the club, including:
- Threatening Chibs that he’d kill Fiona because he’d taken a sexual interest in Chibs’ daughter, to leverage the peace deal with SAMCRO.
- Due to Jimmy O’s threats, Chibs ends up making a deal with ATF Agent June Stahl (Ally Walker) to rat out the Real IRA and the guns warehouse.
- Lies to Jax (Teller, Charlie Hunnam) about Abel Teller (Evan/Ryder Londo)’s whereabouts after he was kidnapped by Cameron Hayes (Jamie McShane) and taken to Belfast.
- Tries to keep SAMCRO off of Abel’s tail by concocting several plans, including murdering the couple that ended up adopting him.
- Tries to have Liam O’Neill (Arie Verveen), Sergeant at Arms of SAMBEL, kill SAMCRO by blowing up a gun shipment that they are protecting.
Among many other villainous deeds.
Take a look at the gallery of Jimmy O’Phelan below and tell us if you cheered when Chibs gave him the Glasgow Smile before fatally stabbing him. Jimmy O’s last words? “Take care of our girls Filip, Yeah?” – that’d make you want to kill him too, am I right?