*SPOILER ALERT* – THIS POST CONTAINS MILD TO MODERATE SPOILERS FROM SEASON 2 OF SONS OF ANARCHY – READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Portrayed by the only and only Adam Arkin, who by the way happens to be a badass actor, Sons of Anarchy’s Ethan Zobelle was one of the most hated villains on the show. One of the leaders of L.O.A.N. (League of American Nationalists), Zobelle spread a discriminatory message of hate and non-acceptance. Anyone who got in the way of that message faced harrowing consequences.
Zobelle moved into Charming during Season 2, Episode 1 – “Albification”, and was last seen on-screen in “Na Tribolidi”, the 13th episode of the second season. While he was only active for one full season of Sons of Anarchy, he left a ton of damage in his wake, including:
- Threatening Clay Morrow (Ron Perlman) to twist SAMCRO’s rule in Charming; to expose their gun running business.
- Orchestrating the rape of Gemma Teller-Morrow (Katey Sagal) to send Clay the message that he was serious about his threats.
- Employing Earnest Darby (Mitch Pileggi) and the NORDS to manufacture and deal illegal drugs (Methamphetamine) inside of Charming city lines, to convince the Mayor and Deputy Chief that SAMCRO was falsifying their role to keep drugs out of the city.
- Blackmailing Deputy Chief David Hale (Taylor Sheridan) after he realizes Gemma was raped and wants to back out of his deal with Zobelle.
- Participating in illegal Heroin trades with SAMCRO’s rival MC, The Mayans.
And that’s just some of the twisted acts Zobelle committed while posing as a cigar shop owner in Charming.
Check out the gallery of Ethan Zobelle below, and tell us in the comments if you cheered when he finally left Charming for good. Do you think, had Jax (Teller, Charlie Hunnam) not had his son Abel kidnapped at the end of Season 2, that he would have killed Ethan Zobelle?