Kurt Sutter has the mind of a genius, the mouth of a sailor, and the intellect of a God. I am one SOA fan who has always paid attention to what this man has to say. Below is what I feel are five profound things to have been said by Kurt Sutter, and trust me when I say they reveal a lot about him.
1. “The whole Twitter phenomenon is really indicative of what’s happening in this country. And I say this in condemnation of myself as much as anyone else – we are growing into a nation that has no time, desire, or capacity for truth. All we can handle is 140 characters of knowledge.” – Kurt Sutter
2. “Me personally, I’m the guy who it took a long time to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing. I relate to a lot of that finding oneself a little later in the game, or being thrown a curve later in the game.” – Kurt Sutter
3. “I’ve made a career writing about fictitious anti-heroes. To create these worlds, I’ve spent a lot of time with active members on both sides of the law. And if I had to pick the most interesting of the two, the choice is obvious – we all love the guys in black.” – Kurt Sutter
4. “I’m a guy who has problems with moderation. All or nothing. Binge and purge. Kill or be killed. Gray is not a color I wear well. I should be dead. I know that. I should not be successful. I know that too. My daily existence is a toss of a coin – one side, fear, the other side, gratitude.” – Kurt Sutter
5. “I navigate through the world with the excitement and determination of a child. That’s why I’m an artist. I’d die without an outlet for expression. Unfortunately, more often than not, that childlike energy is the maturity level I bring to many circumstances.” – Kurt Sutter
Check out Kurt’s interview on The Hollywood Reporter, and leave in the comments, what your interpretations are of Kurt’s words. Do you agree or disagree with him?
Related Article: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sons of Anarchy Creator Kurt Sutter