We’ll bet there’s a lot you don’t know about Kurt Sutter, the creator of the show Sons of Anarchy. Don’t feel bad, he’s a pretty private guy. If you’re interested in Kurt, as many are, we’ve provided you with 10 facts about Kurt Sutter to satisfy your inner curiosities! Also, check out our gallery of photos below featuring Kurt Sutter, Katey Sagal, and Tommy Flanagan.
1. Kurt’s middle name is Leon.
2. He was born and raised in Rahway, New Jersey.
3. His father worked for General Motors in Linden, NJ, his mother worked as a secretary in Newark, NJ for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese, and he has 2 sisters.
4. He graduated from a Catholic High School before attending college at Rutgers University, where he graduated with a B.A. in mass media and journalism.
5. Kurt did theater work in the late 1980’s in New York City.
6. He went on to study at Northern Illinois University, and graduated in 1997 with a degree in performance and directing.
7. He became active in Hollywood as a writer, producer, director, and actor in 2002.
8. He married Katey Sagal (AKA “Gemma”) in 2004, she is his first and only spouse.
9. Kurt and Katey’s daughter, Esme, was born via surrogate in 2007.
10. Kurt is an avid animal rights activist, and upholds a strictly vegan lifestyle.
Would you like to know more about Kurt Sutter? Leave your questions in the comments, we may just feature you in a follow-up about Kurt! In the mean time, check out these awesome photos of Kurt Sutter:
Related Article: Interview With Kurt Sutter On New Show ‘The Bastard Executioner’