Scott Glenn Was the First Choice for the Clay Morrow Role

By James Plouf

Show creator, Kurt Sutter, revelaed in his weekly video blog – WTFSutter – that Scott Glenn was the initial casting choice for playing the role of Clay Morrow. Apparently the focus groups did not approve of Glenn and it was decided to re-cast.

Kurt says the decision was easy and unanimous. Ron Perlman got the call and after reading the script decided to take on the roll.

Anyway, that’s a little bit of trivia that I thought you might like to know.

1. karen aldo says:

Hey what about a guest star spot for Sam Elliott? American Chopper Mike Sr.

2. nancy says:

I believe it was scott glenn

3. Micheal Crismond says:

I would Love to have a walk on spot in the show , I,m AKA Little Mike Srgt Of Arms American Legion Riders Blackshear GA 31516 Ps give ma a Hollar

4. joe says:

I would rather have the shows logo on the back of these T’s it bugs the hell outta me that companies put graffix on the front do you see any frickin SAMCRO or any bikers with graffix on the front so lame

• Sharilee!! says:

Well put Joe..absolutely agree. So hard to find good shirts with small logo on front and big on back! It’s the only kind my man wears.

• Raura says:

ArmaninNa mez ognec haskanal bolor nreybuunntr@ internetum ashxatelis. Internetum haytni darnalu ev bisnes anelu hamar vochmiayn petqe imanal sayt stexcelu hmtutyunner@, ayl nayev ayn jisht matucel@, vorin menq qayl ar qayl tirapetel ev der tirapeteluenq das@ntacneri @ntacqum. Menq arajin ashkertnernenq, bayc mer kap@ erbeqel chenq korcni @nker Armani het qani vor na misht patraste patasxanel ir bolor ashakertnerin huzox harcerin. Bolorin xorhurdem talis grancvel ev masnakcel das@ntacnerin manavanq vor ayn dzez trvume anvjar, chapazanc harmaravet dzer isk tanic webinarneri mijocov ev amenakarevor@ kapvumenq mimianc ev uraxanum mer das@nkerneri araj@ntacnerov ev hajoxutyunnerov` @nker Armani glxavorutyamb. Es husovem vor ays dproc@ kunena erkar ev kanach janapar qani vor ayn uni azniv npatakner. MAXTUMEM AMENALAVN U BARIN.Dzer dproci arajin ashakertneric` Bagrat ^_^

5. Jacqueline says:

omg Ron Perlman makes a much better Clay! I mean I never saw Scott Glen as Clay but just by looking at them, he does not look like a badass dude. haha

• David D says:

It took me awhile to warm up to Perlman honestly, it was too hard to get the Beauty and the Beast vision out of my head. Now, however there is no question that he is a cut throat SOB through and through and fits the part perfectly. Kudos to Ron Perlman for making a believer out of me and I’m sure many others.

• Kaled says:

questo gioco una figata cvaolo !!bella anche la grafical’unica cosa che trovo triste sono le persone che continuano inevitabilmente ha lasciare commenti idioti e antipaticise una console non piace basta non venire su questo forum..ma evidentende nella vita non hanno altro da farepoveretti

• Jackie says:

Scott Glenn can be very bad ass. Check out Urban Cowbay with John Travolta and Deborah Winger……..he’s a real mfr in that movie…….he can be very menacing…….sam elliott would be a nice touch as well….:)

6. Jacqueline says:

ps american chopper… so not badass.

7. Mike says:

I think Sam Elliot would have been a good choice, but Ron works.

8. Gil says:

Scott Glenn is an amazing actor. I can definitely see why Sutter thought of him which takes nothing away from Ron. Ron ios great. Sam Elliot would be interesting too. How can we see the pilot? Was it ever broadcast?

9. Donna says:

Having anyone other than Ron Pearlman playing Clay Morrow would be a LARGE mistake The way his chin sticks out when hes made sende chills down my spine. Sure glad hes Not mad at me although SOA should explain more about the 14 months in jail. Something happened to both Clay and Jax that needs to be touched on.

10. SOA 4 LIFE says:

Yeah, lets have the american chopper guys… the whole episode can be about whining and throwing temper tantrums… then the next week we can have oprah on to talk about how we feel about it.

11. Corey A says:

Ron was the perfect choice, download the SOA app from iTunes & it will tell u bout the times they were locked up

12. Jackie says:

I am shocked at how sinister Clay is this season…..seems like he will kill anyone to protect his retirement…even Jemma. So many serets!!! Can’t wait to see what happens when Jax and Opey find out who really killed Opey’s first wife, who really killed Jax father and how much does Jemma really know??? Such a great show!!

13. Muriel says:

Attractive component to content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment or even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

14. โปรแกรมดูบอล

15. Eye-catching ingredient of articles. I just became aware of your site plus accession money to assert which i obtain essentially adored accounts your current website posts. By any means My business is opting-in with your nourishes and in many cases My spouse and i completion people obtain constantly rapid.. Wypoczynek Kaszuby

1. There are no trackbacks for this post yet.